If you’re looking for some catchy Texas slogans to help you show your Lone Star State pride, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve put together a list of some of our favorite slogans, as well as examples of how they can be used. Whether you’re looking for a tagline for your business or just want to rock a “Texas Forever” shirt, these slogans will help you do it in style. So read on and start showing your Texan spirit!
Table of Contents
Tips To Write Texas Slogans
When it comes to slogan writing, Texas has a lot to offer. With its rich history and diverse culture, the Lone Star State provides plenty of material for slogan writers to work with. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Start by brainstorming some key words and phrases that reflect Texas’ unique personality. Think about the things that make Texas special, such as its cowboy culture, its proud history, and its scenic beauty.
- Once you have a list of key words and phrases, try to come up with catchy ways to phrase them. Be creative and don’t be afraid to experiment.
- Keep it short and sweet. Slogans should be easy to remember, so make sure yours is concise and to the point.
- Make sure your slogan accurately reflects the image you want to project. Texas is a large and varied state, so make sure your slogan captures the specific vibe you’re going for.
- Have fun with it! Slogan writing is all about being creative, so enjoy the process and let your imagination run wild.
Famous Texas Slogans Ideas
- “Everything’s bigger in Texas!”
- “Don’t Mess with Texas”
- “Texas: The Lone Star State”
- “Texas: Friendlier than it Looks”
- “All Hat, No Cattle”
- “Welcome to Texas, Y’all!”
- “I’m a Texan, Through and Through”
- “I Was Born a Texan, I Will Die a Texan”
- “In Texas, We Don’t Dial 911”
- “God Bless Texas”
- “Home of the Free, Because of the Brave”
- “Powerful & Proud: The Lone Star State”
- “Live Large, Think Big: Welcome to Texas!”
- “Texas: Come for the Culture, Stay for the Attitude”
- “Proud to be a Texan!”
- “Laughing all the way to Houston!” – from Lubbock
- “There’s nothing like good ‘ol Tex-Mex!” – from San Antonio
- “Remember the Alamo!” – from San Antonio
- “Yee-haw! Giddyup!” – from cowboy country
- “$64,000 question.” – This phrase comes from a popular 1950s game show called The $64,000 Question. It refers to a question that is very difficult to answer correctly.
- “I’m walkin’ here!” – This famous line from the movie Midnight Cowboy was uttered by actor Dustin Hoffman when his character nearly gets hit by a car while crossing a busy street in New York City.
- “Keep Austin Weird.” – This slogan was created to promote local businesses in Austin, Texas, and has since become a city-wide motto.
- “Fort Worth: Where the West Begins.” – This slogan highlights Fort Worth’s rich history as a frontier town in west Texas.
- Deep in the Heart of Texas.” – This song title (and subsequent cliché) refers to the fact that many Texans have a deep love for their home state.
- “El Paso: The Sunset Capital of America.” – This nickname for El Paso comes from the city’s beautiful sunsets, which are visible from anywhere in town thanks to its high elevation.
Texas Slogans & Examples
- If you don’t like the weather in Texas, just wait a minute.
- Texans know how to party.
- Bigger is always better in Texas.
- In Texas, everything is bigger and better.
- Keep Austin Weird
- Don’t Mess with Texas
- Remember the Alamo!
- Y’all come back now, ya hear?
- The Lone Star State
- Don’t mess with Texas women
- Where the buffalo roam…and the Longhorns play!
- There’s always a place in Texas for you
- A little bit country, a little bit rock n’ roll
- Welcome to Texas, y’all!
- We’re not just about oil and gas you know…we have solar power too!
- Power of texas = people of texas
- Built from courage loyalty & freedom
- We keep it weird here
- Ride horses not zebras
- everythings bigger in texas especially hearts
- “Houston: The Space City.” – This nickname for Houston was given due to the city’s important role in America’s space program; it’s home to NASA’s Lyndon BJohnson Space Center.
- San Antonio: River Walkin’, Alamo Talkin’.” – This slogan promotes two of San Antonio’s most popular tourist attractions: The River Walk and The Alamo mission.
- “Dallas: Big Things Happen Here.” – This saying refers to Dallas’ status as a major city in Texas and also its reputation as a place where anything (and everything) can happen.
- “Arlington: A Great Place To Be!”- This slogan is both accurate and ironic; Arlington is home to both Six Flags Over Texas amusement park and Arlington National Cemetery.(controversial due to proximity)
- “Never underestimate a Texan!”- Texans are known for their fierce independence and can-do attitude, so this phrase serves as a warning not to underestimate their capabilities.(stereotype?)
- “Everything’s bigger in Texas!” -This phrase is often used to describe everything from the state’s large size, to its popular landmarks, to the warm hospitality of its residents.
- “Don’t Mess with Texas!” -This slogan was first used in an anti-littering campaign in the 1980s, but it has since become synonymous with the state’s independent spirit.
- “Texas: It’s Like a Whole Other Country.” -This saying highlights the unique culture and history of Texas, which is distinct from the rest of the United States.
- “Texas: The Lone Star State.” -The nickname “The Lone Star State” refers to the single star on the flag of the Republic of Texas. It symbolizes Texas’ independent streak and its status as a former independent nation.
- “Remember the Alamo!” -This battle cry is a reminder of the historic battle of The Alamo, which was fought during the Texas Revolution.
- “Come and take it!” -This phrase is another reminder of the Texas Revolution, when Texans defiantly refused to give up their cannons to Mexican troops.
- “All hat and no cattle.” -This saying describes someone who talks big but doesn’t have anything to back it up.
- “Fixin’ to.” -This phrase means that someone is about to do something, usually something that they’re not looking forward to doing.
- “Y’all.” -This word is a contraction of the phrases “you all” or “you all people.” It’s used as a plural pronoun by Texans (and others in the South).
Austin Texas Slogans
- The Live Music Capital of the World
- Keep Austin Weird
- Don’t Mess with Texas
- Bat City – Austin, Texas
- I heart ATX – Austin, Texas
- I Love You So Much – Austin, Texas
- Downtown – Austin, Texas
- East Side – Austin, Texas
- South By Southwest – Austin, Texas
- ACL – Austin, Texas
- .Keep it Green- recycling Slogan for the city of Austin to reduce the carbon footprint
- “Austin Grows Up” when the city went from small town to big city in a matter of years
- “City of the Violet Crown”
- “Silicon Hills” because of the tech industry in the city
- .”The progressive oasis of the South”
- “The clean air capital of the US” because days without smog outnumber any other large metropolitan area
- “Foodiest Small Town in America”
- “barbecue capital of the world” smoker pits and BBQ joints line every street
- “Live free or Die”- pronounced as “ly-fee”, Liberty is one important value in this town
- ‘The New American Dream’- people are relocating here to live a more simple life and be surrounded by good culture
Benefits Of Texas Slogans?
Texas slogans are one of the most effective and commonly used marketing tools available to businesses. A well-crafted slogan can create an instant connection with potential customers and build brand recognition. Texas slogans can also be used to communicate key messages about your business, product, or service. In addition, slogans can be a powerful tool for generating word-of-mouth marketing. When customers are happy with your product or service, they are more likely to tell their friends and family about it. As a result, Texas slogans can play an important role in driving sales and growth for your business.
Conclusion paragraph: I hope you found this blog helpful in your search for the perfect Texas slogan. If not, be sure to check out our other resources on branding and marketing your business. And always remember, at big commerce we’re here to help make starting and running your business a breeze. Thanks for reading!