Crafting the perfect cold email subject line is a delicate art. On the one hand, you want to capture the recipient’s attention and encourage them to open the email. On the other hand, you don’t want to be so flashy that you come across as spam. Finding that perfect balance can be difficult, but it’s worth taking the time to get it right. After all, the subject line is often the make-or-break factor when it comes to whether or not someone will even read your email.
Table of Contents
How to Write Cold Email Subject Line?
The subject line of a cold email is important because it’s the first thing your recipient will see in their inbox. A well-written subject line can make the difference between your email being opened or ignored. So how do you write a cold email subject line that will get your message noticed? Here are some tips:
- Keep it short and to the point. Your subject line should be no more than 50 characters, and it should clearly state what your email is about. For example, “Introducing [Name] from [Company].”
- Be specific. Recipients are more likely to open an email if they know what it’s about. For example, “Schedule a Meeting to Discuss Your Project.”
- Avoid using generic terms. Cold email subject lines that say things like “Just wanted to reach out” or “Quick question” are often ignored. Be specific about why you’re contacting the person and what you want to accomplish.
- Include a call to action. A call to action tells the recipient what you want them to do next. For example, “Click here to schedule a meeting.” Calls to action are more likely to get recipients to take action than emails that just include information about a product or service.
- Test different subject lines. If you’re not sure which subject line will work best, try testing different versions with a small group of people before sending your cold email campaign to your entire list. This will help you determine which subject line is most likely to get your email opened and read.
Best Subject Lines for Cold emails
The best cold email subject lines are short, to the point, and make use of keywords that will grab the recipient’s attention. However, coming up with the perfect subject line can be a challenge. If you’re struggling to find the right words, here are some cold email subject line ideas that might help:
- Have you tried [product]?
- Looking for a better way to [solve problem]?
- Introducing [new product]
- [company] is hiring!
- Need help with [task]?
- How to [achieve goal]
- The ultimate guide to [topic]
- Are you looking for a [product/service]?
- Are you interested in [product/service]?
- I think you’ll love this [product/service]!
- [Company name] would like to invite you to [event name]
- You’re invited: [event name]
- You’re invited: [event name] at [location]
- Join us for [event name]: [date]
- Come meet us at [event name]: [date]
- See you at [event name]: [date]
- “Are you ready to increase your sales by [X percent]?”
- “How would you like to [ benefit from our product/service]?”
- “Can we schedule a call to discuss how we can help you [ pain point] ?”
- “[Product/Service] : How can it help you achieve your goals?”
- ” book a meeting”
- need help with [problem] ?
- Have you tried [ solution]?
- Are you happy with your [current product/service]?
Cold call email Subject Line
- “Still haven’t found the perfect (product/service)? Check ours out!”
- “Can we (solve your problem)? We offer the best (product/service) in town!”
- “Introducing the newest (product/service) on the market!”
- “You’re invited! Our (grand opening/sale)”
- “Don’t miss this chance! Get 50% off your purchase of (product/service) today!”
- “Can’t seem to get ahead? Let us help with our (unique product/service)”
- “Alert! Your (product/service) is running low!”
- “(Product/Service) just arrived! Come and get it while it’s hot!”
- “Running out of time? We can help you with our express (product/service)”
- “(Sale ending soon)! Get your hands on our (product/service) before it’s too late!”
- “Hurry in! Our stock of (product/ service) is running low!”
- “We know the feeling… Get 20% off your purchase of (product/ service) today!”
- “Tired of feeling undervalued? With us, you’re always a priority!”
- “It’s not too late to join the fun! Our doors are still open!”
- “(Name), we missed you! Come back and see us soon!”
- .”We have some news that will interest you…”
- “You’re invited to an exclusive event…”
- “(Insert hot topic) is trending… See how we can help!”
- “Could you use a little extra help? We’re here for you!”
- “A friend recommended you… And we’re glad they did!”
Cold email First Line
- “I read your article and wanted to reach out”
- “You’re the expert on [subject]”
- “Are you free for a quick chat?”
- “Can I pick your brain about [subject]?”
- “[Mutual connection] suggested I reach out”
- “[Time-sensitive offer]”
- “Just following up…”
- “Quick question about [subject]”
- “Thought you might be interested in this”
- “[Subject] inspired me to reach out”
- “We’re doing something similar to what you’re doing and I wanted to compare notes”
- “What’s the best way to [solve a problem related to the recipient’s industry]?”
- “Have you ever faced [a problem related to the recipient’s industry]? Here’s how we solved it”
- “[Holidays/ special event] is coming up, and I wanted to reach out”
- “I’m in [city where recipient lives/works], and I wanted to see if you’re free for coffee”
- “[Recipient’s company] is doing some great work in [industry]. Congrats!”
- “[Recipient’s blog post/article]”
- “I found your profile on [site where recipient is active]”
- “I’m a big fan of [recipient’s work].”
- “You’re very talented at what you do!”
Prospecting Email Subject Line
- Have you considered [solution]?
- Can we help you with [problem]?
- Are you looking for a [solution]?
- Introducing [product] – the perfect solution for [problem]
- From [problem] to [solution] – our story
- How we solved our own [problem] with [solution]
- Tackling [problem] – one success story at a time
- 5 minutes could change everything – let us show you how
- [Name], would you like 15 minutes of my time this week?
- You + 15 minutes on the phone with me = ?
- [Number] ways we can help solve your [problem]
- How we helped [client type] achieve [results type – number if possible]
- [Product/service name]: The simplest solution to your [problem(s)]
- ‘I wish I had known about this sooner!’ – See why satisfied customers love us
- ‘We thought this was impossible, until we talked to XYZ Company…’
- .’After trying XYZ Product/Service, I will never go back!’ – Customer reviews
- ‘Best thing since sliced bread!’ – Raving fan speaks out
- [Name]: Check out what others are saying about us…
- ‘I’m not sure how we ever managed without it!’ See what all the fuss is about
- ‘The proof is in the pudding’ – see XYZ Company’s results for yourself!
Top Subject Lines for Cold Emails
- “[Company] would like to invite you to try our new product/service]”
- “[Company] can help you save time/money/energy]”
- “How [company] helped [customer] improve their business]”
- “Discover the benefits of working with [company]”
- ” Get the most out of your [product/service] with this one simple change”
- “[Product/service] comes with a money-back satisfaction guarantee!”
- “Today’s special: [discounted product/service]”
- “We’re giving away free [product/service] for a limited time!”
- “[Product/service]: The perfect solution for your needs”
- “[Company]: Trusted by businesses like yours”
- “[Customer testimonial]: ‘[Positive feedback about company/product/service]'”
- “Ask us anything: A chance to get expert advice from [company name]”
- “Can’t make it to our office? We’ll come to you!”
- “No time for a meeting? We offer free consultations over the phone!”
- “[Company name] in the news: Our latest press coverage”
- “What our clients are saying: Client testimonials”
- “Thank you for being a valued customer!”
- “Get to know our team: Meet the people behind [company name]”
- “[Invitation to an event or webinar]”
Cold Email Headlines
- “I’m So Excited to Connect With You!”
- “You’re Going to Love What I Have in Store for You!”
- “I Can’t Wait to Hear What You Think!”
- “A Special Invitation Just for You!”
- “You Won’t Believe What I Have in Store for You!”
- “I Have Something Incredible to Share With You!”
- “You’re Going to Love This!”
- “I Can’t Wait to Connect With You!”
- “Can’t Wait to Hear From You Soon!”
- “It’s Time For an Update!”
- “Are You Ready For This?”
- “Here’s What’s New!”
- “Check Out These Updates!”
- “Time For a Change?”
- “Something New is Coming Your Way!”
- “Couldn’t Wait To Share This With You!”
- It’s A New Day! Here’s What’s In Store..”
- Get Ready For Goodness!
- “This Might Be The Best Thing Yet..”
- “Amazing Things Happen When We Work Together..”
- “Introducing [name] from [company]”
Benefits of Cold Email Subject Line
When it comes to email marketing, the subject line is often the most important element of the message. This is because the subject line is what determines whether or not your email will be opened and read. A good subject line can mean the difference between a successful marketing campaign and one that falls flat.
There are a number of benefits to using a cold email subject line. First, it can help to get your message noticed in a crowded inbox. With so many emails being sent every day, it can be difficult to stand out from the crowd. A cold email subject line can help your message to grab attention and stand out from the rest.
Second, a cold email subject line can be used to create a sense of urgency. This can encourage recipients to open and read your message right away, rather than letting it sit in their inbox unopened. Urgency can be a great motivator, so this is an effective way to increase your open rates.
Finally, a cold email subject line can also be used to personalize your message. By including the recipient’s name or other personal information in the subject line, you can make your message more relevant and engaging. This can lead to higher open and click-through rates, as well as improved relationships with customers and prospects.
I hope you found this blog helpful. If you’re looking for more information on how to write powerful cold email subject lines, or just want to learn more about effective digital marketing techniques, be sure to check out our other blogs and resources. And don’t forget, if you need help putting any of these tips into practice, our team is here to support you. Thanks for reading!