One of the best ways to get a laugh out of someone is to send them a funny email. The subject line is your first chance to make an impression, so make it count! These days, there are all sorts of creative ways to craft a clever and amusing subject line. One approach is to take a play on words. Email is an important part of daily life for most people, whether for work or personal correspondence.
While the content of the email is obviously important, the subject line can also be critical in getting the message across. A well-written subject line can entice the recipient to open the email, while a poorly written one may cause them to delete it without reading. So, what makes a good subject line? In general, funny email subject lines are those that are clever, witty, and/or humorous. They should be short and to the point, and they should avoid being too cute or clever. When in doubt, err on the side of caution and keep it simple. After all, you don’t want to miss out on an important message just because your subject line was too clever for its own good!
Table of Contents
How to Write Funny Email Subject Lines?
Email subject lines are often overlooked as a creative opportunity. Most people think of them as mundane, functional text that exists solely to convey information. However, with a little bit of effort, email subject lines can be funny, engaging, and even memorable.
There are a few key elements that make for a successful funny email subject line. First, it should be short and to the point. A long, rambling subject line is not going to elicit many laughs. Second, it should be relevant to the recipients. A inside joke or reference to current events is more likely to get a chuckle than something completely random. Finally, it should be clever without being too convoluted. A play on words or a clever pun is more likely to get a smile than a complicated joke that requires too much explanation.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can start writing funnier email subject lines today. So go ahead and lighten up your inbox – your contacts will thank you for it!
Funny Subject Line for Farewell Email to Colleagues
- “I’m outta here!”
- “Time to move on!”
- “So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu!”
- ” workplace – I’m going to miss you!”
- “It’s been real… but I have to go!”
- “Gonna miss you all!”
- “I had a great time, but now it’s time to say goodbye.”
- “I’m off to greener pastures.”
- ” Thanks for the memories!”
- Time to say goodbye!
- Goodbye, my friend!
- I’m outta here!
- Farewell from your favorite co-worker!
- So long, suckers!
- Adios, amigos!
- Peace out!
- Catch you on the flip side!
- I’ll be back… eventually
- Ta-ta for now!
- Keep in touch… or not 😉
- Sorry for all the office pranks 🙁
- It’s been real… but I’m outtie 5000!
- Gotta go, my kitchen needs me!
- Don’t cry because I’m leaving… smile because I’m gone!
- Thanks for putting up with me all these years!
- See ya later, alligator!
Funny Email Subject Lines for Friends
- “I’m sorry for what I said when I was hungry”
- “I can’t believe I forgot to wear pants today”
- “What do you mean we’re out of wine?”
- “I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed”
- “I’m having a really bad day”
- “I’m not sure what’s wrong with me, but I think it’s serious”
- “My cat just died”
- “This is the worst day ever”
- “I think I’m coming down with something”
- “I’m so bored I could scream”
- apathetic much? didn’t think so.”
- are we there yet?
- be nice or i’ll start singing
- can’t talk now, doing important things- like wasting time on the internet 🙂
- did you know that you’re my favorite person in the world?
- do you have a minute? i need to vent…
- don’t judge me, i’m having a bad day
- feeling kinda lazy today… hope you are too! 🙂
- had a rough day? here’s a picture of a kitten to make you feel better 🙂
- how are you doing today? i hope better than me, because i’m terrible haha!”
Funny Email Subject Lines for Boyfriend
- “I’m Sorry I Haven’t Emailed You In A While”
- “Thinking Of You…And Pizza”
- “I Miss You More Than Words Can Say”
- “I Just Wanted To Touch Base”
- “If You’re Having A Bad Day, Remember That I Love You”
- “Hey Friend! I Just Wanted To Check In”
- “I Can’t Even Begin To Express How Much I Miss You”
- “Just Thinking About You Makes Me Smile”
- “Sending You A Little Virtual Hugs And Kisses”
- “I Hope You’re Having A Wonderful Day!”
- ” wishing you nothing but good vibes today!”
- ” just wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you!”
- ” sending you lots of love today!”
- ” hope you’re doing well and staying safe!”
- ” thinking of you and hoping you’re doing well!”
- ” it’s been too long since we’ve talked – let’s catch up soon!”
- .” just checking in to see how you’re doing!”
- ” I know things have been tough lately, but hang in there!”
- ” wondering if you’d like to catch up over coffee (or tea) soon?”
- ” missing your face and can’t wait to see you soon!”
Funny Email Titles
- Fwd: FW: Here’s that thing you asked for…
- SPAM ALERT! DELETE THIS MESSAGE IMMEDIATELY!!!
- You won’t believe what I found in my inbox this morning!
- Unexpected item in your inbox!
- RE:FW: RE: Here’s that thing you asked for…
- This one time, at email camp…
- In case you missed it, here’s that thing you asked for…
- I’m sorry, I couldn’t hear you over the sound of my awesome new email!
- You won’t believe what happened to me today!
- “I’m sorry, we no longer support your email client.”
- “This message has been deleted due to strong language.”
- “We’re sorry, your message could not be delivered.””
- User not found.”
Funny Goodbye Email Subject Lines
- You’ve Been Hacked!
- Important Message from your ISP
- We’re Sorry, Your Email Has Been Deleted
- This is Not a Drill: Forward This to Everyone You Know
- Alert! You Have a Virus
- We Didn’t Mean to Delete Your Email
- Don’t Open This Email!
- I Thought You Might Like This
- Can You Forward This to Everyone You Know?
- You Won’t Believe What I Just Saw
- This Will Make Your Day
- Check out my new email signature!
- Can you read this?
- You won’t believe what I just found in my inbox
- This email almost didn’t get through
- I’m sorry, we couldn’t deliver your message
- Oh no, I think I accidentally hit “reply all”
- This message has been brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department
- “I’m sorry, Dave, I can’t do that.”
- “May the force be with you.”
Benefits of Funny Email Subject Lines
When it comes to email subject lines, we often think that the more serious and professional they are, the better. However, research shows that funny email subject lines can actually be quite effective. For one thing, they help to stand out in a crowded inbox. In a world where we are bombarded with emails every day, anything that can help your message get noticed is valuable. Funny subject lines can also help to build relationships with customers and clients.
A little humor can go a long way in making someone feel appreciated, valued, and seen. And when people feel good about your brand, they are more likely to do business with you. Finally, funny email subject lines can simply make people smile. In a world that often feels quite stressful and negative, a little bit of levity can be a welcome relief. So if you’re looking for a way to stand out from the crowd and make your customers happy, consider adding a little humor to your next email subject line.
I hope you found this blog helpful in learning some new techniques for your email marketing. Subject lines are a great way to engage customers and get them to open your emails. By using humor, you can not only increase the chances that an email will be opened, but also that it will be shared with others. Hopefully, these examples have given you some ideas on how to create funny subject lines of your own that will intrigue and engage your customers. Have fun with it and see what kind of responses you start getting!