Want to write a funny goodbye email subject lines Goodbye emails are a necessary evil in the modern workplace. Whether you’re resigning, being laid off, or taking a leave of absence, you probably want to leave on a positive note. But what’s the best way to do that? A funny goodbye email can be a great way to add some levity to the situation and let your coworkers know that you’re still enjoy working with them – even if you won’t be around for much longer. But coming up with a funny subject line can be harder than it sounds.
Writing a funny goodbye email subject line can be tricky. You want to make sure that your colleagues will remember you fondly, but you also don’t want to overstep any bounds and offend anyone. The key is to strike the right balance between funny and respectful.
How to Write Funny Goodbye Email Subject Lines?
How to write a funny goodbye email? You might be leaving your job, or maybe just your current project. Either way, it’s time to move on. But before you do, you need to say goodbye to your colleagues. The easiest way to do this is to send them all an email. But what should you say? How can you make sure your message is both professional and fun?
Here are some tips for writing a funny goodbye email:
- Keep it short and sweet. No one wants to read a long farewell message. So keep your email short and to the point. A few sentences will suffice.
- Be positive. Even if you’re leaving a job you hated, try to focus on the positive aspects of your time there. This will help make your colleagues fondly remember you.
- Use humor. This is your chance to be funny! Come up with a clever subject line and add a few humorous details in your email body. Just make sure not to overdo it – balanced comedy is key.
- Say thank you. Express gratitude towards your colleagues, boss, and company as a whole. They’ve helped you in some way, shape, or form – so show them some appreciation before you go.
- Offer help. If you can, offer to help with the transition for whoever is taking over your role. This shows that you’re willing to go above and beyond, even after you leave the company.
By following these tips, you’ll be sure to write a memorable goodbye email that will have your colleagues laughing – in a good way!
Funny Subject Line for Farewell Email to Colleagues
- “I’m outta here!”
- “See ya later, alligator!”
- “Don’t cry because I’m gone, smile because I was here.”
- “It’s been real, but it’s time to get fake.”
- Time to say goodbye”
- “See ya later, alligator!”
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened”
- “It’s not goodbye, it’s see you later”
- “So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu!”
- It’s been emotional…but all good things must come to an end. Email subject line: So long, and thanks for all the fish!
- I’ll be back…in a few weeks/months/years 😉
- Time to move on… Next stop: [new job/city/country]
- Thanks for everything! My last day at [company name]
- I’ve been fired! Don’t ever let your dreams be dreams
- Just kidding, I’m not really leaving…Just kidding, I’m not really leaving…for now 😉
- Giving notice…As of [date], I will no longer be employed by [company name]
- Resignation email subject line: handing in my two weeks notice
- End of an era email subject line: it’s been real, but now it’s time to move on to the next phase of my life
- Today is my last day email subject liner Last Day @ Company X – final auto response before moving on
- Saying farewell – auto response enabled until further notice email subject line: Saying farewell – auto response enabled until further notice
- This is the end (for now…) email subject line: This is the end (for now…)
- ‘ With deepest regret, I submit my resignation
- ‘ Please accept this as formal notice of my resignation
- This letter serves as formal notice of my resignation
- ‘ It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you of my resignation
Farewell Email Subject Line Funny
It’s been nice knowing you…until we meet again in the unemployment line!
- Finally escaping this place…wish me luck!
- See you soon…or not, depending on how my job search goes!
- I’m outta here! Don’t bother forwarding my emails to HR.
- Been nice working with you all…now if only I could say the same about my commute!
- So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye! (Or as we say in the corporate world, “Best of luck in your future endeavors!”)
- Gonna miss this place…and all the free coffee!
- Time for me to move on up…to a better paying job, that is!
- Follow your dreams…unless they involve coming to work here every day.
- My time here has been very special…I’m going to miss the moments when I wasn’t working!
- Thanks for everything…now if you could just do something about my workload before I leave…
- The memories will last forever…or at least until I forget where I put them
- It’s not goodbye, it’s see you later…in therapy!
- We will always have these memories (and this overwhelming sense of dread)
- All good things must come to an end (except for my love of napping at my desk)
- Farewell emails are hard to write (especially when I’m trying not to throw my laptop out the window)
- Saying goodbye is never easy (but it’s a lot easier with free cake!)
- And so the adventure begins…wish me luck as I jump into the great unknown!
- Onward and upward…to greener pastures and more $$
- One door closes, another one opens
Funny Farewell Email Subject Lines
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
- Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!
- We’ll miss your daily entertainment
- You’ll be missed… but not your work
- Thanks for everything… now get out!
- Best of luck in your future endeavors… or not
- It’s been real… but it’s time to move on
- We appreciate everything you’ve done… now please leave
- A farewell is necessary before we can meet again…?
- We all knew this day would come eventually… but we’re not ready yet
- Winston Churchill [This is another good quote to use in a farewell email]
- “All good things must come to an end.” ?
- “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.”
- Parting is such sweet sorrow.” ?
- “I’m sorry for what I said when I was hungry.”
- “See you later, alligator!”
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
- “Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don’t and believe that everything happens for a reason.” ?
- “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” ?
- “We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.”
Funny Goodbye Email Subject Lines
- Saying goodbye is never easy.
- Time to say goodbye
- I’m off!
- Goodbye, for now
- So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu!
- I’m moving on
- Gotta go!
- Leaving the nest
- time to fly
- Starting a new adventure
- Goodbye my friend
- Thank you and goodbye
- It’s been real
- Thanks for everything
- Good luck in the future
- All the best
- We will miss you
- Keep in touch
- Once a [company name], always a [company nam
Benefits of Funny Goodbye Email Subject Lines
When it comes to email subject lines, most people gravitate towards those that are serious and to-the-point. After all, email is a professional tool, and the subject line should reflect that. However, there can be benefits to injecting a bit of humor into your subject lines, particularly when you’re saying goodbye to an old colleague or friend. A funny subject line can help to lighten the mood and make the recipient smile, which can be a welcome relief during a hectic workday.
In addition, a humorous subject line can help to build rapport and foster a sense of connection between you and the recipient. So next time you’re looking to say goodbye in style, consider adding a bit of levity to your subject line. It might just make all the difference.
I hope you found this blog helpful. If you are looking for more ideas on how to write funny goodbye email subject lines, be sure to check out our other blog posts. And don’t forget, if you need help writing or sending your farewell emails, we’re here to help!