Oops email subject lines are usually the result of a mistake made while sending an email. The most common oops email subject line is “Oops! I meant to send this to you earlier” followed by a brief explanation of the mistake. Other oops emails subject lines include “Sorry about the last email” or ” meant to say.” While oops emails can be embarrassing, they’re also a good way to start a conversation or build rapport with someone. If you receive an oops email, simply reply with a brief message acknowledging the mistake and move on. After all, we’ve all been there before!
How to Write Oops Email Subject Lines?
No one’s perfect. We all make mistakes from time to time. And when we do, it’s important to own up to them and take responsibility for our actions. The same is true when it comes to email marketing. If you make a mistake in your email campaign, it’s important to apologize to your subscribers right away. But how do you do that without sounding like a complete idiot? Here are four steps to writing the perfect oops email subject line:
- Start with a sincere apology. Don’t try to make excuses or shift the blame. Just say that you’re sorry for what happened and take responsibility for your actions.
- Be clear about what went wrong. Don’t leave your subscribers guessing about what went wrong. Tell them exactly what happened and why you’re apologizing.
- Offer a solution. Whether it’s a discount on their next purchase or a free shipping upgrade, make sure you offer your subscribers something for their trouble.
- Say thank you. Always end on a positive note by saying thank you for their understanding and patience.
Oops Email Subject Lines Ideas
- “I’m Sorry for Yelling at You in All Caps”
- “Forget Something?”
- “Sorry, Wrong Email”
- “Did I Send This Already?”
- “Nope, Not Attached”
- ” Sent from My iPhone”
- “Oops – Here’s That Attachment!”
- “Brain Fart”
- “Rushing Out the Door”
- “Back to the Drawing Board”
- “$#!+ Happens”
- “This Might be a Little premature…”
- “Can Someone Proofread This?”
- “When You Didn’t Mean to Reply All…”
- “Not quite ready for prime time…”
- “Spamming Your Inbox Apologies!”
- “Sorry for the Delay!”
- “This is Why we Can’t Have Nice Things!”
- “And Then I Realized I Forgot to Attach the File…”
Oops Email Subject Lines Samples
- Wrong key! Sorry about that!
- Took me a while to find my keys this morning!
- I’m sure you’ve all been wondering where I’ve been…
- Good morning everyone! I hope you’re all having a great Monday 🙂
- How’s everyone’s day going? Mine’s been busy…
- I’m sorry for the confusion, but…
- Thank you for your patience as we sort this out…
- Please ignore my previous email…
- I’m sorry for the duplicate emails, my mistake!
- Oops! Here’s the correct attachment…
- Sorry, meant to send this to [insert name here]…
- Oops! [time] pm already? I’m off to bed! Goodnight all!
- Please disregard this email – wrong Recipient! oops!!!
- did not mean to send this to everyone!!
- sent before I was done proofreading :/
- Oh nooooo!!!! My computer froze and I lost what I was typing
- Damn auto-correct!!!
- This is not what I meant to say….
- Should have proofread before clicking SEND! again sorry bout that 🙁 Opps!!!”;”””””
- This is an automated message – please do not reply
- Do not reply to this email
- This email has been sent from an unmonitored mailbox
- This is a mass distribution email – please do not reply
- This is a one-time mailing – you will not receive future communications from us
Professional Oops Email Subject Lines Examples
- “Oops! I meant to send this to [name].”
- “Whoops! Sorry about that.”
- “Oh no! I think I hit the wrong button.”
- “Oof, meant to send this to someone else.”
- “Well this is awkward…”
- “Hope you had a good laugh at my expense!”
- “Sorry about that, brain fart.”
- “Haha, oops!”
- “That wasn’t supposed to go to you!”
- “[name], I think you got my email by mistake.”
- “Possible case of mistaken identity?”
- “[name], did you get my email by accident?”
- Disregard this email!”
- “This was not intended for your eyes!”
- “(error 404: message not found)”
Benefits of Oops Email Subject Lines
Oops email subject lines can provide some much-needed comic relief in our hectic lives. In a world where we are constantly bombarded with news and information, it can be refreshing to receive an email that makes us laugh. And, according to studies, humor can also improve our mood and increase our productivity. So, if you’re looking for a way to add some levity to your inbox, consider using an oops email subject line the next time you send an email. You (and your recipients) may be surprised at the results.
We hope you found this blog helpful. If you are looking for more information on email marketing, or want help crafting the perfect oops email subject line, we would be happy to assist you. Our team of experts have years of experience in the field and can help get your business back on track. Thanks for reading!