What is Social Proof Email Subject Lines ?The best email subject lines make use of social proof to encourage recipients to open and engage with the message. Social proof is a psychological phenomenon that happens when people look to others to see how they should behave in a given situation. In other words, it’s a way of copying the behavior of others in order to feel more comfortable or confident. When it comes to email subject lines, social proof can be used in a number of different ways.
For example, you might mention how many people have already opened and read the message, or you could highlight a positive review or testimonial from a satisfied customer. You could even include a photo of people using your product or service. By making use of social proof, you can make your email subject lines more engaging and effective.
How to Write Social Proof Email Subject Lines?
To increase your social proof, and make your emails more engaging, consider following these steps when writing your next email subject line:
- Start with a strong verb that packs a punch, like “announcing,” “introducing,” or “unveiling.”
- Add some context about who you are and what you do. For example, “[Company name] is the leading provider of [product].”
- Mention a recent accomplishment or press hit that’s relevant to your product. This could be something like, “[Product] was just featured in [publication].”
- Explain what makes your product special or different. For example, “[Product] is the only [type of product] that offers [unique feature].”
- Highlight a social proof element, like customer testimonials, awards, or reviews.
- Use urgency tactics sparingly, but if you have a time-sensitive offer, make sure to mention it in the subject line.
- Keep it short and sweet- aim for around 50 characters or less.
- And finally, always A/B test your subject lines to see what performs best with your audience!
By following these steps, you can write social proof email subject lines that will engage your subscribers and encourage them to learn more about your product.
Social Proof Email Subject Lines Ideas
- “Over 1 million people have tried this new approach to weight loss”
- “See what all the fuss is about:social media’s hottest new platform”
- “Are you one of the 5 million people who own a Fitbit?”
- “9 out of 10 dentists recommend this toothpaste”
- “98% of our customers say they would recommend us to a friend”
- ” Thousands of people have already joined our new dating site”
- “Blockbuster hits: see why everyone’s talking about these movies”
- “‘I couldn’t put it down!’ See what everyone’s saying about the new bestseller”
- “Why wait? There are only a few seats left for tonight’s show!”
- “Get the inside scoop: see what people are saying about the new iPhone”
- “‘I love my new car!’ See what our customers are saying about us”
- “Could this be the next big thing? See what people are saying about our new product”
- “Hurry! These deals won’t last long!”
- “Sale ends soon! Get your order in now!”
- “Find out why everyone’s talking about this popular new restaurant”
- “enjoying your complimentary ebook? Tell your friends and get 2 more free!”
- enjoy your free trial? Why not keep it going by signing up for a full membership?”
- ” congratulations on completing your purchase! Now let your friends know with a review!”
- ” like what you see? upgrade to a premium membership and get access to exclusive features!”
- ” share your photos with #myproduct for a chance to be featured on our website!”
Social Proof Email Subject Lines Examples
- “See what everyone’s talking about!”
- “Find out why everyone’s raving about X product/service”
- “X number of people can’t be wrong!”
- “X% of our customers say this is the best X ever!”
- “‘I love X!’ – read what our happy customers are saying”
- “‘I was skeptical at first, but X changed my mind!’ – see what our customers are saying”
- “The most popular X on the market – see why everyone loves it!”
- “This X is taking the internet by storm – see what all the fuss is about”
- “‘I didn’t think I needed X until I tried it!’ – see what our customers are saying”
- “‘I was hesitant to try X, but I’m so glad I did!’ – read our customer reviews”
- “Can’t get enough of X? Neither can we!”
- “Are you ready to join the X revolution?”
- “Jump on the bandwagon – join the millions of people who are using X!”
- “Looking for a way to improve X? This is it!”
- “Say goodbye to X problems with this one simple solution!”
- .”Ready to take your X game to the next level?”
- .”fed up with your current x situation?”
- “Get the best x experience with this one simple change!”
- “Transform your x overnight with this incredible new discovery!”
- ” Say goodbye to blah x forever with this groundbreaking new development!”
Best Social Proof Email Subject Lines
- “See what [person/company] is raving about!”
- “As seen on [media outlet]”
- “Featured in [publication]”
- “[Number] of our happy customers can’t be wrong!”
- “Don’t take our word for it – see what others are saying!”
- “‘I was so impressed with their service that I had to write and tell them!’ – Actual customer quote”
- “Rave reviews from happy customers!”
- “Customer satisfaction guaranteed!”
- “What people are saying about [company/product]”
- “[Company/product] has the seal of approval from customers like you!”
- “As recommended by Oprah Winfrey!”
- “As seen on CNN.”
- “Now with 60% more (whatever you’re selling!)”
- “Now available in (whatever new form or location)”
- “Double the fun! Now with (whatever you’re selling)”
- “You asked for it, and we listened! Now with (whatever people wanted)”
- “We’re giving away (whatever you’re selling) for free!”
Social Proof Email Subject Lines Samples
- “Over 3,000 satisfied customers!”
- “97% positive feedback – don’t miss out!”
- “Join the millions of happy customers…”
- “…and counting!”
- “Our biggest sale ever – ends tonight!”
- ” hurry! Only a few left in stock!”
- “All your friends are doing it, so why aren’t you?”
- ” recommended by 98% of users!”
- ” as seen on TV!”
- ” featured in The New York Times!”
- ” liked by over 1 million people on Facebook!”
- “#1 in customer satisfaction!”
- “The most popular choice among top industry experts…”
Benefits of Social Proof Email Subject Lines
The subject line is often the deciding factor. If the subject line is interesting, there is a good chance you will open the email. However, if the subject line is dull or uninteresting, you are likely to delete the email without reading it. This is where social proof comes in. By including social proof in your subject lines, you can increase the chances that your email will be opened and read.
For example, if you are promoting a new product, you could include a testimonial from a satisfied customer in the subject line. Or if you are inviting people to an event, you could include the number of people who have already RSVP’d. Including social proof in your subject lines is a great way to increase your open rate and ensure that your message is seen by more people.
We’ve shared some great social proof email subject lines that you can use to increase your open rates. Hopefully, you found this blog helpful and are now armed with the knowledge you need to create an attention-grabbing email subject line of your own. Thanks for reading!